Saturday 12 October 2024

435. Tiger Bites Pig.


  After a Saturday meeting lasting several hours held at the Council House in Victoria Square, and with a decidedly empty stomach, I headed down Pinstone Street towards New Street railway station having made up my mind to satiate my hunger by dropping in on the micro-restaurant, Tiger Bites Pig, which serves Taiwanese-style food including some excellent baos and rice pots.

   I opted to request to take a bao with me to eat on the train and seeing the weekend special was a Sichuan-style pulled lamb belly bao with deliciously sweet sesame picked cucumber, the oral whipcrack of finely chopped chilli and sliced spring onion I decided that the weekend special it would be.The lamb was lovely, pleasingly tasty, and the bao was as light as a cloud which it of course resembled. The price was £6.50 and given the deliciousness of the dish, I reflected that it was money well-spent.



Rating:- 🌛🌛🌛🌛.  12 October 2024.

  The Good Food Guide added tge Michelin-starred Upstairs by Tom Shepherd in Lichfield to its listof recommended restaurants on 11 October 2024. Quite why it has not been included in the guide for a long time now must be something of a mystery. Perhaps it has taken this long for the inspectors to obtain a reservation. The guide has graded it “very good”.






No comments:

Post a Comment